Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got the 04 tl wheels and i need to buy tires.
i wanna stagger them

how about 235-45-17 for the back
and 225-50-17 for the front?

give me some feedback and tell me what you have on your cars

·
I WANT YOU!
5,787 Posts
Hum... I don't understand why you'd want to do this. With a fwd car I don't see the point. Also, I think it could really change the handling characteristics for the worse. Plus, it will cost you more money in the long run as you won't be able to rotate them.

·
492 Posts
Hum... I don't understand why you'd want to do this. With a fwd car I don't see the point. Also, I think it could really change the handling characteristics for the worse. Plus, it will cost you more money in the long run as you won't be able to rotate them.

Couldnt agree more, the sizes you suggest will make such a small difference that it wont be noticeable and you will lose the ability to rotate. It would be a different story if you were running a custom set of wheels that were different sizes but staggering tire size on 4 wheels that are the same size is not a brite idea.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey i got the 04 tl wheels and i need to buy tires.
i wanna stagger them

how about 235-45-17 for the back
and 225-50-17 for the front?

give me some feedback and tell me what you have on your cars
The only way this would make sense an offere any benefit is if you were doing this with snow tires. Thinner and higher profile tires would be better, for your drive wheels, but it would make more sense to just use them on all 4. This isnt an M3, and you will not get any visual benefits from doing this if that is the intention.

·
I am no one
14,771 Posts
it's totally pointless to run staggered setup on fwd cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts