Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2004 tl with navigation. About 2 gallons of water spilled in the truck of our car. I did my best to get it all out.

Next day the screen had backlight but black/blank screen. The radio works, the time shows on the upper screen but no radio digits are shown.

Nothing on the main screen seems to be functioning.

I took out the dvd player in the truck to see if it had water damage. Seemed totally fine.

I have no idea where to start, any advices other than take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am able to handle anything instructed. Thanks.

What do you think about the radio digits not showing on the top mini screen but time and others showing? fyi Radio works.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Well, the first thing you need to do is remove all the faceplates and blow the snot out of everything with 100 psi of compressed air. Any tiny water droplets are going to cause short circuits in electrical pathways.

From here, there IS really nothing that I can give you a step by step on. Use your nose and eyes to detect burned circuits. Whatever doesn't work, you might just have to end up replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.