Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DV8 sent a set of Type 2 cams to WEB camshafts to be reground for his 3.5 application recently, and I decided to do the same shortly after. These cams were intended for the 3.5 setup, but can be used with the 3.2. The main goal with these was to shift the powerband a bit higher in the 3.5. Anyways, long story short, last Saturday I decided to go ahead and install them in my 3.2 for the time being. Gained 8 peak hp and extended the usable powerband a bit. Cost on these was about $400 with shipping. You send them your stock Type 2 cams, they rework them and send them back to you.

I was unable to dyno at my usual place, so I don't have an overlay to show the before and after, however these runs were made on the same model Dynojet as my previous runs so the results should be fairly comparable.

Best run 224.6hp 203tq

Install pics

Web cam on top, stock Type 2 on bottom

·
jinny=guy, avatar=girl
17,055 Posts
I appreciate it repost... :)

I don't get a chance to check out everything over there, so these updates are great!

the new cams are awesome! I wish my RL had nearly as much wheelHP.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jinny said:
I appreciate it repost... :)

I don't get a chance to check out everything over there, so these updates are great!

the new cams are awesome! I wish my RL had nearly as much wheelHP.
Maybe your RL wants some cams and a y-pipe too! :mhihi: I'd like to pick up a 99-04 RL at some point down the road (while keeping the coupe). If I ever do, I'll definitely try these mods out on it as well. I think it would be great to have an RL running 14.xx in the 1/4 mile, while looking and sounding pretty close to stock. It would definitely surprise a few people.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pito11213 said:
So would you say a good upgrade for a type 1 owner right now would be type II intake manifold wit these regrinds?
The Type 2 manifold is one of my all time favorite mods for the Type 1. Bang for the buck it's hard to beat. Plus installation is relatively easy. You could run these cams in the Type 1 heads just fine, results might vary slightly since the intake valves are 1mm smaller on the Type 1. I'm sure they would do pretty well though. Going from Type 1's to these regrinds would be a big jump, so the gains would be greater than just going from Type 2's to these most likely.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey kenso, i like how you're pursuing the "sleeper" idea...its a killa....how bably have you mutilated accords/maximas who thought you were what your car looked like just on the outside???

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chimuyo1 said:
hey kenso, i like how you're pursuing the "sleeper" idea...its a killa....how bably have you mutilated accords/maximas who thought you were what your car looked like just on the outside???
Thanks man, I'm definitely keeping it pretty close to stock in appearance for now. It's fun to surprise people now and then. I haven't played around with anyone lately, I've caught a Mustang GT off guard a time or two, that's always fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.