Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone this is really annoying me. everytime i lock the car a blinking red light comes on between the temperature and RPM gauges. below and between them. I would like to know what it is and how to fix it. I dont have an owners manual. please help

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Thats your security system light letting you know its armed. Nothing to worry about.

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,625 Posts
:stupid:

·
Registered
57 Posts
theoretically its a "deterrent" to let potential criminals know that there is a security system equipped, but if you really hate it, there is always a solution to make it go away....

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,190 Posts
theoretically its a "deterrent" to let potential criminals know that there is a security system equipped, but if you really hate it, there is always a solution to make it go away....

Easiest is a small piece of black electrical tape placed strategically over top of the blinking red light: Minimal time and material investment and if you decide you like / want / meed the light back - easiest to "un-do."

:thumbsup:

·
AW's Resident Smartass
38,493 Posts
Easiest is a small piece of black electrical tape placed strategically over top of the blinking red light: Minimal time and material investment and if you decide you like / want / meed the light back - easiest to "un-do."

Victory :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts

I am Nekulturny (Russian for "uncultured") and I approve of this message.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey everyone this is really annoying me. everytime i lock the car a blinking red light comes on between the temperature and RPM gauges. below and between them. I would like to know what it is and how to fix it. I dont have an owners manual. please help
Okay day or two after the red light blinking with the vehicle armed. The battery is drained is there a fuse that I can pull to prevent this ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts