Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did OK, I ran a best of 15.2 at 92.5 mph on about an 80-85 degree night. I had about 1/3-1/4 tank of gas and I am stock. I didn't remove the spare and I didn't adjust the tire pressure. This was the first time I'd ever been to the track and so I thought I did OK. I had four total runs and my average was about a 15.3 at about 92-93 mph so I was pretty consistent. I tried with VSA on (best time) once, SS, gate shifting and leaving it on D5. I am pretty confident that with some practice I could have gotten a 15.1 or 15 flat. I spun my tires pretty badly on every run except the first when I had the VSA on. I felt better after I saw a max run a low 16 (I only saw it run once)! All in all it was a fun time.

Most of the cars there besides the Audis (I went with the NE Audi club) were american muscle so I looked extremely out of place! My friend commented on how my car looked so out of place when I was on line since it was the shiniest car on line. Of my four runs I only won one (I got spanked by two low 13 second camaros and a low 12 second muscle car that I didn't know what it was.) against a golf with a turbo (I saw boost gauges in his car). The highlights of the night were a 9 second old school monte carlo, a 9 second motorcycle and a race between a Viper with NOS (it was actually NOS and not just NO2) and a nasty KO4 turbo (I believe) S4. The Viper won running a low 12 versus the S4's high 12. Supposedly the S4 has run in the 11s before but was having problems that night (guy drove up from NJ to NH). There was also a mid-12 second Lightning there with two more in the 13s. Bunch of 13 second GTs, a low 14 second civic shooting NO2 (I think he blew the engine at the end of the night).

The Audis had a range from stock A4s running high 16s/low 17s to the two 12 second Audis. A good number of MT S4s and A6s were in the mid 13s. The Audis defintely represented and they had some really good looking ones there!

Ben, it was good meeting you this past weekend. Congrats on your new high!

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
kenS2000 said:
As long as you're happy with your runs, then the night was well worth it!

I'm just stoked my new car will be running 13.8 stock. :D
Don't get too excited there slappy - if you pull a 13.8 stock in a Stook, you're gonna be smelling that clutch-smoking smell. To pull that on a stock Stook, you have to dump the clutch at like 6-7k RPMs. VERY bad for the diff and the clutch. ;)

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
autoxCLS said:

Don't get too excited there slappy - if you pull a 13.8 stock in a Stook, you're gonna be smelling that clutch-smoking smell. To pull that on a stock Stook, you have to dump the clutch at like 6-7k RPMs. VERY bad for the diff and the clutch. ;)
IF I keep traction...and that's not the idea.

I've done my share of reading on this one. Besides, believe you me, I won't be doing any aggressive driving whatsoever until me and the Stook have become "ONE".

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
kenS2000 said:

IF I keep traction...and that's not the idea.

I've done my share of reading on this one. Besides, believe you me, I won't be doing any aggressive driving whatsoever until me and the Stook have become "ONE".
Oh yeah dude - the S02's are famous for giving up the ghost in the middle of a turn. Be VERY careful on stock tires. VERY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.