Acura World banner

What Color Should I Paint My Headlights?

• brushed silver -(see a-cl.com link below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • black

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • leave them as is

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
to be honest, dont even paint them silver. the cl guys did it because there is orange in their headlights...ours is naturally clear so theres no need to paint it silver...its not even noticable since our headlights are already clear. if anything, go for black!

thats just my opinion but whatever the choice you make...post pics! :)

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
chadhova said:
if black then paint black.
Truthfully, my car is black and I painted my headlights black and I'm not feeling them too much. At night they look sweet but in the day it looks too black. I think they look way better black on a light colored car.

·
Registered
815 Posts
96TL said:

Truthfully, my car is black and I painted my headlights black and I'm not feeling them too much. At night they look sweet but in the day it looks too black. I think they look way better black on a light colored car.
You actually tried to paint it? Do you have any pictures of it or are you referring to the JDM Spec TL Headlights?

·
Acuraworld Member
386 Posts
chadhova said:

You actually tried to paint it? Do you have any pictures of it or are you referring to the JDM Spec TL Headlights?
Yup. I painted them. It came out perfect but it just looks a little too dark. They look just like the JDM lights. I think it would look alot better on a light colored car.

·
Registered
815 Posts
96TL said:

No not yet. Its been a while since I've painted them. I'll try to take pics this weekend. Ever since we've had this drought here in NYC its hard for me to keep my car clean enough for pics. :(
So they are still painted then right? You didn't take the paint off?:dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.