Acura World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for me, I had a much needed quiet weekend. Friday/Saturday, played Playstation 2 :D (Majority of time (99%), played 'State of Emergency').

Then Sat. night, did some car stuff and set a new record for being on the phone for 5 hours straight w/ someone really cool (gotta love the 'Unlimited' plan :D).! Sunday went to a movie and shopping for clothes and then ended the night quietly and w/ complete relaxation.

What about you?
 

·
baby polar bear
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
i worked around the house, still trying to get everything settled in. worked in the yard, and planted a tree and gave my trees some food stakes.

then i had a heart-attack when i received my gas bill on saturday evening...$265 :eek: that was for 3 days of service...so i called this morning and they think i might have a gas leak. great just what i need :(

so i had a pretty shitty weekend after that. :bigcry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
avengerjr said:
i worked around the house, still trying to get everything settled in. worked in the yard, and planted a tree and gave my trees some food stakes.

then i had a heart-attack when i received my gas bill on saturday evening...$265 :eek: that was for 3 days of service...so i called this morning and they think i might have a gas leak. great just what i need :(

so i had a pretty shitty weekend after that. :bigcry:
I sure hope that was a gas leak. That would push me away from purchasing a house if only the gas bill is that much! :eek:

Hopefully, the grass is greener in the future. BTW, what kind of trees did you plant? Hope you enjoy your house!
 

·
baby polar bear
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
Driven said:

BTW, what kind of trees did you plant? Hope you enjoy your house!
I have a red oak and a bradford pear...and i think i might plant a pecan, not sure yet.

thanks for the vote of confidence about the gas and the house :)

it is really hard to smile right now...:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,860 Posts
Do you have to pay for it even tho it's a leak?


Friday we went to the Block and watched Super Troopers and ate at Johnny Rockets.... Saturday we went to some guy's culinary school graduation party and I drank so much I don't remember the 45 minute drive home (which is really unusual for me, remember). Sunday I did absolutely nothing all day long; I think we went to bed at like 7 or 8, some ungodly hour like that, and I just woke up about an hour ago with the best rest I've ever had in my life. :D


Lucky for me there's no work today, or I'd be late! :) But I'm not, so :p
 

·
baby polar bear
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
AngelCL said:
Do you have to pay for it even tho it's a leak?
not sure yet, they have to come out and verify that it is a leak. then i am not sure what will come of it. if it turns out to be a leak, i am sure i won't have to pay all of it, but if it turns out that they can't find one, i am sure they will want me to pay the whole thing :(

i don't know what to do...this sux...i guess i will just have to wait until tomorrow and see.
 

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
Joined
·
10,481 Posts
Friday - Missed my flight home(fell asleep) so I ahd to catch a later flight home ;)

Saturday - Got some dress shoes for our winter formal coming up...got a haircut and high-lighted my hair. Went to a friend's suprise party.

Sunday - Went to Best Buy and bought a few DVDs (Das Boot, Desperado, Face/Off, Night at the Roxbury), and watched WWF No Way Out.

Today - I have to go back to the ortho and then to hell---errr--Santa Cruz :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iridium130 said:
Saturday - Got some dress shoes for our winter formal coming up...got a haircut and high-lighted my hair. Went to a friend's suprise party.
Winter formal? I thought the word 'Winter' was banned in California. Isn't 'Winter' something like ONLY high 50s or low 60s??

Lucky punk!
 

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
Joined
·
10,481 Posts
Driven said:


Winter formal? I thought the word 'Winter' was banned in California. Isn't 'Winter' something like ONLY high 50s or low 60s??

Lucky punk!
hehehhee....it's only banned in SoCal...not up in NorCal...it gets "hella" cold up there :rolleyes:

Actually I got 2 winter formals comin up....one is for the one being thrown by Crown College(UCSC is divided up into 10 "colleges") and I'm going with a friend from SoCal to that one....there's another Winter Formal being put on by CSA and I'm going to go with the girl I sang for to that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
avengerjr said:

but if it turns out that they can't find one, i am sure they will want me to pay the whole thing :(

if they don't find a leak, they are blind. It's basically impossible for it not to be a leak!! $265 for 3 days? I mean c'mon... you could turn the heat up to 85 in a mansion in Alaska in December and not have to pay that much!! Dallas just ain't that cold, even if there was a cold snap!

My completely uninsulated old 1500sf adobe house in Tucson only cost $95 for gas heat for a whole month. Granted, Tucson is fairly warm, but it gets down into the mid 30s almost every night in the winter.

Plus, this is a brand new house right? It should be decently insulated and the heater should be fairly efficient. My 2000+ sf house in Phoenix only runs me about $65/mo for heat (but this house is all electric)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,489 Posts
GoldTypeS said:


if they don't find a leak, they are blind. It's basically impossible for it not to be a leak!! $265 for 3 days? I mean c'mon... you could turn the heat up to 85 in a mansion in Alaska in December and not have to pay that much!! Dallas just ain't that cold, even if there was a cold snap!

My completely uninsulated old 1500sf adobe house in Tucson only cost $95 for gas heat for a whole month. Granted, Tucson is fairly warm, but it gets down into the mid 30s almost every night in the winter.

Plus, this is a brand new house right? It should be decently insulated and the heater should be fairly efficient. My 2000+ sf house in Phoenix only runs me about $65/mo for heat (but this house is all electric)
:werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,154 Posts
Worked on Sat and played tennis all day on sunday! woo hoo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
I went to Webster hall in NYC on sat...spent all of sunday recovering...
 

·
Yuck Foo
Joined
·
2,589 Posts
I don't remember ( :drink: :beerchug: :drink: :beerchug: :drink: :beerchug: :drink: :beerchug: :drink: ), but I went snowboarding on Monday and today! :p
 

·
Acuraworld Veteran
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
Hung out with Kallie, Golfed, Went to Tucson and Golfed. Hung out with Kallie and my friend had his 30th birthday.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top