Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to clean the engine? like to make them shiny. I just popped the hood today and noticed how dusty and dirty my engine is. I want to clean it and make it shine so what can i use?

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
First of all.....lots of grease so be certain to use an older rag that you don't want to keep clean......

www.properautocare.com

They should have an answer for ya...

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
I used Vinylx to clean my engine bay a couple hours ago...looks damn clean now compared to how it used to look

Before :

After :

·
Registered
14,949 Posts
Vinylex looks like that should do the trick.:eek: NICE.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Is it spray type?

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
songoku said:
Is it spray type?
its in a liquid form, shake the bottle well and apply it on a towel

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Edub said:
Phil,

that looks damn good.. are you back in SoCal?? Or are you just there for a visit??
I was just home for a visit so I decided to wash/wax my car while I was down there ;)

I'm back in NorCal though, until early June when I move back to SoCal for the summer.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
i used the Go2 engine cleaner and detailer...it takes about 30 minutes to clean ur engine...its really nice...i picked it up at target for like 5 bucks...well worth the $$

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
StylinAccord said:
i used the Go2 engine cleaner and detailer...it takes about 30 minutes to clean ur engine...its really nice...i picked it up at target for like 5 bucks...well worth the $$
You should get it for free since you work there. :D

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Infamuz said:

You should get it for free since you work there. :D
i wish...freakin ghey as target

·
Cajun Gumbo Man
916 Posts
For the engine bay, since day one, I hose it down. You don't need all that jazz if the car is purchased new so.......I use armoral on the engine and have on all my cars since 1984 ! That's correct guys.....Aromoral ONLY on the engine bay, not in the car ! That's a whole different topic.....Ask some of the Bay area members, if they remember how clean my engine was having 45,000 miles on it ! Bobabwaw (spelling) saw it, you can eat off my engine ! Once you start that, then all you have to do is, wipe it down and apply ARMORAL ! Try it, you may like it !:wave: :wave: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
KingsFanPaul said:
i heard it wasent good to spray water on the engine. or it wasent good for the alternator too. are you guys covering things up or is it no big deal to get water on stuff?
you want to cover up the battery, alternator and distributor if u have one...i dont think u guys do...u guys should be using Coil on Plug.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
49 Posts
Fabvsix said:
I use armoral .....Aromoral...... ARMORAL
I'm guessing here that you mean you use Armor All? The product with the stylized Viking on it? :sqnteek: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.