Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know our TLs have a great sound system and are a ton of fun to cruise around in. So, what is everyone's favorite type of music to listen to in their car. I personally like BPM on XM, dance/trance/techno and anything with a good bass line. Sometimes rap or r&b is good too though. Let's hear some others. :boink:

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, and Deep Cuts. I will also mix in Margaritaville, and possibly a little Hair Nation from time to time depending on my mood. On long trips, I dial in Sirius Left and NPR for some intellectual entertainment. If I'm tired and need something to piss me off enough to stay awake, I'll turn it to Patriot. Those whack jobs would wake anybody up.

:lol:

·
492 Posts
I honestly think that satelite radio sounds like complete $hit, have had it in multiple vehicles and quit renewing my subcription years ago..... I love the variety but cant stand the "transistor radio" quality sound. I typically just use my ipod through the stock head units "AUX" setting. I have added a 10" Kicker competition sub with a Kicker Amp which helps pick up where the stock ELS leaves off. My music library consists of a bit of everything so my genre changes from day to day.

On a side note I have been driving a 2010 TL with Tech package for the last 1.5 weeks since my car is at Acura for a strange noise they are having a hell of a time tracking down....... The ELS in the 4th generation car puts our system to absolute shame, cant believe the difference. It also has a HDD, bluetooth audio (which sounds absolutely amazing) as well as a USB port that you can hook your iphone/ipod into directly and control it from the steering wheel controls. Love the gadgets in the 4th gen but dont like the looks much, the navi no longer being touch screen also takes a bit of getting used to.

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
Would you like another Kicker amp? I have one I need to get rid of. For the record, I will never buy Kicker brand ever again. I had a complete aftermarket setup with all Kickers in my 1Gen and hated those speakers.

·
492 Posts
I have been happy with my current Kicker products in my car (just a basic sub/amp). Just about every vehicle I have owned has had some kind of aftermarket audio equipment in it. With my 3 current vehicles Im running a mix of Kicker, Alpine, Rockford and Pioneer..... pretty happy with all of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MVR, I agree with you, the ELS in the new models definitely blows our's away. I had a loaner TSX tech with the ELS and it was a major difference. As far as iPod integration goes, I do not have the AUX button. I looked into getting a dock hardwired into my car but just don't feel it's necessary to spend the $300 and I didn't feel confident about someone messing around with the back of my radio and taking apart pieces of my dash/console. In my next car (about a year or two down the road), hopefully a new TL or a new TSX, I will definitely take advantage of the iPod input, HDD and all the new tech options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts