Votes: 5 11.4%
  • SS

Votes: 9 20.5%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
umm. Qamar95 that's why GOD invented owners manual

The lower gears have more torque, meaning if you are climbing a hill and have a heavy load apply a lower gear.

Also, aren't you suppose to ask me all your technical questions to me first. LOL!

LIL Raja

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
further clarification.

D5 would be more appropiate for daily driving around VA.
SS is when you want to get beaten by a 330ci- it will allow you
to show that at least u tired.

LIL Raja

ps. i really think they should offer a 6-speed on a TL-S like the CL-S. That would be sweet.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh yeah of course 6 speed on the tls would be sweet :)

well usually when i am driving on the freeway i would put it on d5 (as long as i go over 80). otherwise on local i usually put it on d4, it's a bit faster. you will feel the pain when you are driving at 50 and you found yourself in 5th gear and the car isn't going anywhere

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
D5 for highway only. SS everywhere else. :D

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
I'm usually in D5, but will shift down the bracket when I slow down, stop, or want to take off real fast. It seems faster than SS to me. And this way, I beat the 330's (take that, LIL Raja. I've eaten quite a few 330's around here. Never lost to one... yet).
SS is fun, but I love how I can hold 1st gear in the bracket.

·
1,163 Posts
since this is about gears...i'll ask this question...

When do you guys shift gears in SS?

for instance...0-30 1 gear, 30-70 2nd gear etc etc

and yes...when ur racing...burning tires etc with vtech...

I stay d5 the whole time...except when i race...its SS... to you all who stay in d4 on free ways...does it make any difference until you hit that 4th gear?

I know that 5th gear can handle 90+ with quietness and no struggle...though...4th gear in 90+ would raise it faster(?) with louder engine sound...so...why use d4? maybe the city limit is 45 -
i dunno...

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
I'm assuming you mean shift points...

Technically, our redline is 6900, but the fuel cut-off doesn't happen until 7200, and SS will let you shift at 7200 if you time it correctly and don't meet mr. cutoff.

As for not being able to hit 1st gear - If you punch it in 2nd while in SS and you're below 30 or so, it will downshift to 1st. Happens to me all the time. :D

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
TypeSDragon said:
D4 for local driving and D5 for highway. SS for racing! :p
That should be my answer, too!! :D

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
49 Posts
sqamar95 said:
what do you use D5/D4/SS?
Just went a full week using D5 - feeling a little lazy. Broke the 300 mile mark for one tank of gas fo rteh first time. :)

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
autoxCLS said:

As for not being able to hit 1st gear - If you punch it in 2nd while in SS and you're below 30 or so, it will downshift to 1st. Happens to me all the time. :D
Yeah, but you lose time. I bet my shift to first would be faster than yours if you were in SS 2nd and went WOT, versus me going down the bracket from 2nd to 1st. Now, if that is good for the tranny or not...

Oh, and [TL]Ridah, 1st gear can get you to 40 mph. :D

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have two stances...normal driving and racing. Normal driving D5 all the time except trying to pass or merge on the highway, and I drop it to 3rd in SS. Racing ALWAYS gate shift...SS is pos and slow IMHO...only when you're not racing should you SS.

Austin519

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
fla-tls said:
I try to drive in R the whole time. :p
:sqnteek: :sqnteek:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.