Acura World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm only going to delve into what we know to be true right now.

1) An unauthorized user logged into Acuraworld.com with the password of a supermod that was not changed from another website. Web logs show this activity beginning at approximately 21:49 EST.

2) That unauthorized user then proceeded to delete every thread in this forum at approximately 23:26 EST, according to logs.

3) I had done a backup of the database at approximately 20:00 EST, so we lost approximately 3.5 hours worth of posts and user registrations.

4) We have reported the incident to the suspect's cable modem company and requested a disconnect of the account.

5) Local authorities may be contacted if further abuse from this suspect occurs.

Facilities have been put in place to ensure that an event such as this will not lose data in the future, or to minimize the amount of data lost. We apologize for the confusion last night, and are working hard to ensure that this service remains fun and safe! Thanks for your support. :bigok:

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
You sound like a tech support bot.

Why don't we just open up a can of old-fashioned whup ass on this alleged hacker moron? :evil:

:bash: :violent: :typing: :misslefir:

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Phoenix said:
You sound like a tech support bot.

Why don't we just open up a can of old-fashioned whup ass on this alleged hacker moron? :evil:

:bash: :violent: :typing: :misslefir:

because sky wouldn't think that was ethical :D

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
CLpower said:

because sky wouldn't think that was ethical :D
What Sky doesn't know won't hurt him... ;)

Er, wait, did I just post that? Damnit! :p

Back to my evil drawing board. :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the update Sky. I say you post the guys IP for us ;)

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I have to admit - it IS a stretch of the word "hacker" to call what was done last night a hack. It was, at best, a script kiddie move with a stolen password. Hardly worthy of being called a "hack".

And the moron did it with a static IP on a cable modem. Dumb.

*shrug* oh well. That's why I'm in network security. Definitely not the work of a 1337 (read: leet) d00d. :D

vince said:

:werd: And why would someone do this? Obviously not to prove their hax0r skills, since they had the password. :bash:

·
Registered
487 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Well, I have to admit - it IS a stretch of the word "hacker" to call what was done last night a hack. It was, at best, a script kiddie move with a stolen password. Hardly worthy of being called a "hack".

And the moron did it with a static IP on a cable modem. Dumb.

*shrug* oh well. That's why I'm in network security. Definitely not the work of a 1337 (read: leet) d00d. :D

:gives: :stupid:

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's whack. How much you wanna bet it was someone from ACL?

Anyway. Did I lose any of my eight posts? (test)

edit - w00t, nope, I'm up to 11. :)

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Do we have any suspects? Could there be a little civil war in the acura onling BB world? :beerchug:
Like a fellow axtraterrestrial friend of mine said... 'It is a good day to die'

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Scorpius said:
Do we have any suspects? Could there be a little civil war in the acura onling BB world? :beerchug:
Like a fellow axtraterrestrial friend of mine said... 'It is a good day to die'
check PMs

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Well... the amil to the ISP will pretty much do nothing. I've gone that route before. It used to mean something until about 1995 when everyone and their brother got on this "new email thing." Remember when cdnow was a telnet site?
Anyway, I have a feeling it will escalate... these things always do. But our ennemy isn't smart... if he (or she) had half a brain he (she?) would have waited until thie place really got going and then took it down... What was he/she trying to prove anyway? That he/she (trying to keep it anon) is pissed? Consider the message received. :mad:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys - I'm gonna close this cause I don't want it to turn into a bashing contest... We're all having fun here. ;) :bigok:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.