Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cali-Bound Lakers Hater!!
1,397 Posts
wow another post in 1st gen! :D I have Yoko Avid V4s up front and stock whatever in back. It came that way

·
1,397 Posts
this thread is chock full of black CLs :D Raia, i LOVE those wheels i think they're the best looking wheels on a first gen! how much did those run ya if you don't mind me askin?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Blacura said:
this thread is chock full of black CLs :D Raia, i LOVE those wheels i think they're the best looking wheels on a first gen! how much did those run ya if you don't mind me askin?
tire and wheel package was $1050 shipped. the store i always order from gets me some pretty good deals.

·
1,397 Posts
toyos on stock rims? how are they in the rain?

·
1,397 Posts
yeah i heard yokos don't squeal before they slide...that's not good...

·
1,397 Posts
next tires: Toyo, Nitto, or Kumho?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've got a TL-S and am running Bridgestone Potenza S 02's...my brother has a 1st gen CL and is running the Toyo Proxies T1-S. Faor warning the Toyo's wear fast!!!

·
1,397 Posts
how do nittos and kumhos wear? anyone know?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Blacura said:
how do nittos and kumhos wear? anyone know?
i've only had my kumhos since late march so i really couldn't tell you from personal experience, but so far they are doing fine. anyway, i've never heard about them doing anything out of the ordinary.

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
14 Posts
Nittos wear really fast. Kumhos are decent. Paradas are great when they are new and on dry surface. Toyos have good all around traction but wear pretty fast as well. Sumitomos have excellent rain traction and are decent in wearing. To me the Paradas wear the slowest but are a bitch because u cant flip the tires. They are asymetrical unlike the others wear u can use the other side if u have wear dur to camber. I had all the brands before and it all depends on what u like. For the money Kumhos are good but i always like the yokohama products. :yes:

·
2,315 Posts
which Nittos did you run? from all the people that I know that have had the 555's, said they lasted a long time. I have had them for a while and can't complain yet. I'll be damned if I am going to replace them next year.

ILiKe2cheez said:
Nittos wear really fast. Kumhos are decent. Paradas are great when they are new and on dry surface. Toyos have good all around traction but wear pretty fast as well. Sumitomos have excellent rain traction and are decent in wearing. To me the Paradas wear the slowest but are a bitch because u cant flip the tires. They are asymetrical unlike the others wear u can use the other side if u have wear dur to camber. I had all the brands before and it all depends on what u like. For the money Kumhos are good but i always like the yokohama products. :yes:

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
14 Posts
Wampum said:
which Nittos did you run? from all the people that I know that have had the 555's, said they lasted a long time. I have had them for a while and can't complain yet. I'll be damned if I am going to replace them next year.

i had the nt 501 or something like that...my dad had nt 450s on his legend at the time and the 450 wore out in like lil over a year. Thats with no camber probs. Of course mine wore out in 4 months with a 2 inch drop on a teg. The 555 are ok i heard. I havent used nitto tires for a while. I think they suck. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
ILiKe2cheez said:

i had the nt 501 or something like that...my dad had nt 450s on his legend at the time and the 450 wore out in like lil over a year. Thats with no camber probs. Of course mine wore out in 4 months with a 2 inch drop on a teg. The 555 are ok i heard. I havent used nitto tires for a while. I think they suck. My 2 cents.
when i bought my new wheels and tires, i was originally going to get nitto 555 and the guy at the store told me NOT to get nitto for this same exact reason. he recommended the kumhos specifically.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.