Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
As much as I'd want to boast that I have leather seats like anyone else, I'd rather prefer to have synthetic leather (for now). Why? It basically looks and feels like it BUT...the maintenace costs is far less. I dont want to deal with cracking leather later in the cars life. If I'm rich...then who cares right? But I'm not.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Just like the front seats, the back seats have leather seating surfaces and vinyl everything else. Seating surfaces are those parts of the seat that actually touch you when you sit in it. That means the front of the seats are leather, while the sides and backs are vinyl.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
actually you can feel it. i can easily. just feel over the areas and you will see some of them are much rougher, those aren't real leather

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Throtex:
You're right...the preforated areas are leather...it allows the clear coated leather to breathe.

Austin519

·
Registered
737 Posts
actually the vinyl is crappier because thats the first thing that cracked on my driver seat...the surface that is used the most...to this day i have never seen leather hold up anything like Benz leather...they make some exceptional leather seating...Shyne:king:

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Shyne said:
to this day i have never seen leather hold up anything like Benz leather...they make some exceptional leather seating...Shyne:king:
For the amount you pay for one they better be. Till then I guess I'd have to settle for the fake stuff. Nope...no baller here. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.