Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with comptech headers, how is the sound compared to the CAI? I have the AEM CAI and I just love the sound of it when VTEC kicks in. Is the sound of the headers even better than the CAI? If it is, I can't wait.:D

BTW, do headers really make a difference? FYI, I have a 99 TL.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can't really hear the sound from the headers.....your CAI's sound will overpower it. And yes, it does make a difference for the 99TLs. I've had mine since.....1999 :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
from what i have heard (i don't have the header and cai yet :(), the header is what really gives extra power to the car, get it! it's worth the bucks imho.

and also people say that the header doesn't add much noise to the car?

·
Registered
737 Posts
who are you getting headers from...im considering austin's boy:D...im not sure on shipping charges though...Shyne:king:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Shyne said:
who are you getting headers from...im considering austin's boy:D...im not sure on shipping charges though...Shyne:king:
read my reply in the for sale forum, shyne. it should be at most 21 bucks

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
BlackShadow said:

I am getting mine from kchen from ATL.
Hey Binh,

You don't need sound comparison because you'll have them both, right?? :D

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I don't have a TL-S

but i do have a S2000, from what i heard is the Comptec stuff is far superior than AEM. So for ur supa ride, I suggest the better stuff. Also, anybody have a dyno for both?

thanks!

LIL Raja

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
well i guess there is a reason why comptech is probably the most respectable company for aftermarket parts on acura cars. they are pricey but i like their products. i hope i could spill out 1k for the header :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
see thats the thing if that is true then why on integra's people go for dc or kamkaize's for headers and seem to get the same or close to the comptechs. i think they are just trying to hold the market on the parts until enough of the cars get popular enough so that other companies will produce them.so the prices will go down like the parts for civic and integra's

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Dvsrice said:
see thats the thing if that is true then why on integra's people go for dc or kamkaize's for headers and seem to get the same or close to the comptechs.
DC makes great headers for imports but not for TL. :(

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Dvsrice said:
see thats the thing if that is true then why on integra's people go for dc or kamkaize's for headers and seem to get the same or close to the comptechs. i think they are just trying to hold the market on the parts until enough of the cars get popular enough so that other companies will produce them.so the prices will go down like the parts for civic and integra's
see, there is a reason why MS was charging us lots for for OS before linux came out :)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Dvsrice said:
true, but i mean when will they start looking out for other car groups like ours??
When TL becomes #1 sales car in US. :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rominl said:
well i guess there is a reason why comptech is probably the most respectable company for aftermarket parts on acura cars. they are pricey but i like their products. i hope i could spill out 1k for the header :)
Try to get them used because I wouldn't buy it brand new cause I don't think it is worth the ~$1300 price tag (without installation).:mad:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.