Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
To quote Riceboy,

You may find while looking at the specs that the EL is very similar to
the Civic EX sedan, however in Canada, we don't have EX Civics (the top
of the line sedan is the LX, the EX coupe is badged here as an Si, withthe forthcoming 2.0L hatch as an SiR), so we can't get a 4-door Civicwith VTEC or a moonroof. Hence the EL fills that gap, along with someother bells and whistles like heated leather seats and a moonroof on thePremium model, 4 wheel disc brakes, standard alloy wheels, and longerservice intervals...and of course the more prestigious Acuranameplate....and I think it also looks better than the Civic :). The 1stgeneration EL ('97-'00) was even exported to Asia (EL's are built atHonda's Alliston plant in Canada) and sold there as a Honda Domani. Forthe first few years it was out, the EL was actually the best sellingAcura model in Canada. So there's a little bit of info and history on the EL!

Also check out http://english.acuracanada.ca/models/el.asp

Driven said:
Ummm....what is it? :dunno:

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
That's actually a picture of the 1st generation EL ('97-'00). The '99 and '00 models had a slightly redesigned front grille and folding side mirrors.

Here are a couple of pics of the 2nd generation EL ('01-'02): (from the MSN Carpoint Canada website...sorry, no digital camera to take pictures of my own ride!)

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
RiceBoy said:
That's actually a picture of the 1st generation EL ('97-'00). The '99 and '00 models had a slightly redesigned front grille and folding side mirrors.

Here are a couple of pics of the 2nd generation EL ('01-'02): (from the MSN Carpoint Canada website...sorry, no digital camera to take pictures of my own ride!)
Cute car. Now all it needs is a 260-hp 3.2l Type S engine. :D

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Damn, that'd be nice! :eek:

I'd settle for the 2.0L RSX-Type S engine... Hmm, the RSX does use the Civic platform as well...anyone say "engine swap"? :cool:

But since the EL is made for a much smaller market, there's probably not a chance of there ever being an EL-Type S...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts