Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know AEM CAIs are the prevalent ones probably, but I think I'm going to join the short ram club soon. Weapon R just came out with their Cold Air Box that is a short ram with an aluminum box that gives most of the benefits of a CAI.

Ideas?

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
I have a Xephyr CAI :) :) :)

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
Iridium130 said:
Same here.

How often am I supposed to clean it?!?! :dunno:

I have had it for about 14 months now, and have probably taken the cone filter out and cleaned it about 3 times...probably needs to be more than that, huh.

Oh well :D

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hell no.

If it's a K&N filter, it only needs to be cleaned like every 30k miles.

avengerjr said:

Same here.

I have had it for about 14 months now, and have probably taken the cone filter out and cleaned it about 3 times...probably needs to be more than that, huh.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
avengerjr said:

Same here.

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=579

Go to the last post...dont need to clean it that often! I still havent cleaned mine yet though :-x

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
ahh good.

i have just taken it off and rinsed it out real good to get the sediment out.

i should have a good 10k left before it needs another cleaning then ;)

:D

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D'oh! Never do that with a K&N unless you're going to clean and re-oil it. The filtering properties of the K7N are based on the oil being present inside the fibers of the filter. You could have rinsed a bunch of it out by doing that. Get the K&N recharger kit - and when you re-oil it, make SURE you don't use too much. It can clog your Mass Airflow Sensor.

avengerjr said:
ahh good.

i have just taken it off and rinsed it out real good to get the sediment out.

i should have a good 10k left before it needs another cleaning then ;)

:D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My experience with AEM has not been positive.

I removed my AEM CAI and now I have the stock airbox with the lower portion of the resonator removed. This is by far the cheapest, easiest way to get the gains of a CAI with no worries about water.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
autoxCLS said:
D'oh! Never do that with a K&N unless you're going to clean and re-oil it. The filtering properties of the K7N are based on the oil being present inside the fibers of the filter. You could have rinsed a bunch of it out by doing that. Get the K&N recharger kit - and when you re-oil it, make SURE you don't use too much. It can clog your Mass Airflow Sensor.

blah blah blah...i don't give a shit about a $20 filter...as long as it still works.

·
Registered
422 Posts
avengerjr said:

blah blah blah...i don't give a shit about a $20 filter...as long as it still works.
How about that $8,000.00 motor?

Do yourself a favor......pay the 4.99 for the oil and give it a quick spray. ;)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I have the AEM CAI. I love it! Cant beat the growling sound!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
love my AEM CAI i am running without a bypass valve and been consistent driven through bad weather many times.....I have been blessed (knock on wood).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Iridium130 said:
Yeaaahhhhhhh Bayyybeeeeeeeee

Me too :D

LOL

Avenger i posted the instructions in the Columns forumn

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Before I was running a home made short ram intake, but I notice It's sucking more hot air.. So I bought a K&N and remove my air box resonator...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the AEM and haven't had a problem with it at all.

Its a nice combination with the headers. :D :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gold Type-S did the same thing - do you notice the same gains? Butt-o-meter or Gtec?

4thGSi said:
Before I was running a home made short ram intake, but I notice It's sucking more hot air.. So I bought a K&N and remove my air box resonator...

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Gold Type-S did the same thing - do you notice the same gains? Butt-o-meter or Gtec?

Yes, it's more responsive than my old set-up.. Plus it still have the growl sound when u hit vtec...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts