Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the obvious 4-door, 2-door cosmetic difference.

Engine parts? Transmission parts? Interior parts? What's the difference?

'Edumacate' a lost soul.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
WELL, the interior seats are different, the CLS has better supporting seats, IMO, they wrap around your back better. The dash on the CLS seems to tilt forward more for a sportier feel. The performated leather seats on the CLS extend to the bottom of the seat cushin unlike the TLS where it stops half way. Can you believe this.. the CLS only has two window switches. :eek:
Engine is the same, tranny is the same, wheels are different.. the TLS has 17x6.5 wheels as to the CLS having 17x7" wheels. :(
I hear the TLS has more insulation for a quieter ride than the CLS. There might be more, but I cant think of any.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They have different Door latches.. TL's are round , and CL's are Tabs. TL's or at least TL-s' have ND Woofer in middle of back window, CL-S, CL does not. The rear ends are obviously different, The TL-S has real fogs, the CL-S does not. You can find a 6 speed CL, no dice on a TL. Does the CL have a pass-thru?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Auto-up and auto-down driver's side window.

3 rear seat positions instead of being a 2+2.

Sweet oval tips welded to the exhaust instead of cheapy-loking round ones screwed on.

TL has a larger trunk, but is only .9" longer. :dunno:

As stated above, real fogs, and a fog light switch.

My '03 has the LATCH system for baby seats, but I think the CLS might have it too.

That's all I can think of. I should have the best perspective on this. :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
what? you saying there is no auto up and auto down for 01 cls? that would be amazing coz' even my old 92 camry has it @[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts