Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not YOUR car, but in ANY car.

188MPH (or right around there) for me. Dodge Viper GTS

Kinda funny since one of the door seals blew (but covered under warranty)

How about you?

·
Registered
422 Posts
30 seconds.

I was 17 and she was hot.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Over 180 in a Ferrari GTO. On a motorcycle, over 150.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wyle E. Coyote said:
Over 180 in a Ferrari GTO. On a motorcycle, over 150.
Motorcycle 150???:bow: :bow: :bow:

I'd be scared as hell on a bike. I need to get a bike though. Maybe this summer if I'm lucky enough to live through it :D hehe.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
110 in my CL-S

slowed the hell back down to 80 after I hit it. :eek:

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Driven said:

Motorcycle 150???:bow: :bow: :bow:

I'd be scared as hell on a bike. I need to get a bike though. Maybe this summer if I'm lucky enough to live through it :D hehe.
I maintained that speed for about a minute or so. You should have seen me when I got off the bike right after I did that....my legs were shaking big time!

:lol:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wyle E. Coyote said:

I maintained that speed for about a minute or so. You should have seen me when I got off the bike right after I did that....my legs were shaking big time!

:lol:
My legs shake and my palms get sweaty when I hit 150 or higher. And for a damn good reason too! What kind of bike was it? Whats the top speed on it? Any other specs?

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Driven said:

My legs shake and my palms get sweaty when I hit 150 or higher. And for a damn good reason too! What kind of bike was it? Whats the top speed on it? Any other specs?
It was on my 1986 Ninja ZX900R (like Tom Cruise's bike in Top Gun). I had it for 14 years and dragraced it for 2 years. All of the mags from back in the day said its top speed was 153 mph and best 1/4-mile showing was 10.98 sec. My best 1/4-mile run was 11.22 @124 mph (stock). When I topped it out, the speedo read 160, but on a bike the speedo gets progressively inaccurate over 80 mph. Not bad stats for a bike with a steel frame that weighed over 600 lbs wet!!!

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
140 with my mom's GS 400. What a rush!!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Digging up an old thread from the wasteland...

I've done 130 in the TLS... though I'd push it harder if I knew for sure there were no cops around (damned radar laws in VA).

The most scared I've ever been at speed was in a friend of mine's Neon taking it to 120... good god that car can't handle it. The TLS totally behaved itself at high speed :D

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
130 in Soopa's CL-S.... Im a pussy and I own a first gen 5 banger:(

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
i just went the fastest in my car last weekend racing a C5... only got up to 125 then i quit... I really dont like driving fast... i have a bad record as it is. ;)

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
100 MPH in my CL-S. 120 or so as a passenger in my friend's 94 Integra. Call me a pussy but I'd rather keep my license and stay out of the morgue or a wheelchair.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts