Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know.. there are probably threads like this already, but i need quick answers and I appreciate anyones advice.

Yesterday, while driving my 99'TL, I came off a red light and hit the gas to go. When i heard a loud crash like something was dropping out of my car.. My car wouldn't respond to my gas pedal.. I just rolled a couple of feet.. The car wont engage in any gear i put it. NO reverse, no 1st, etc. etc...

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, can you please tell me what the issue was. I'm sure its the transmission, but i guess what I'm asking for is a range of particular problems I can ask the mechanic to check for... I read in one forum that a guy only needed to replace his PCM, he found this out after opening his tranny up and finding no physical problems with it... now, i have no idea what a PCM is, but it sounds a lot more manageable then a whole new tranny..

So please, if you can share with me your experiences and the corresponding solutions.. I would be very grateful.

Thank you all, and have a blessed day/life.

·
**** Whore
10,136 Posts
a PCM is another name for the ECU or the main computer of the car

I believe the models that were having ECU problems were newer ones and none of the 99s were affected by that particular problem. The 99s were also less susceptible to the transmission problems, though there were still problems with them.

My point is that it is most likely not a PCM issue in your case. If you go to locate one, try and get a used one from eBay or a junkyard.

So the engine still runs fine but it just won't get in gear and/or go anywhere?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification on PCM.. and yea, the engine runs fine, just not going anywhere when i select a gear.

·
Banned
30,092 Posts
I hate to say it, but my guess is that your transmission took a shit. Sorry. :(

·
**** Whore
10,136 Posts
Yup sounds like the transmission

Are you the original owner or did you just acquire the car?

(Just wondering about maintenance)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts