Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My TCS Control Mounting Rubber has completely split into two. I currently have used duct-tape, but need to find another one.

No one carries this discontinued part.....and bone yards are out of them locally.

Does someone have a source on one?

TIA.

'03 TL-S w/ 339,400 miles

·
Registered
103 Posts
A part unique to a 21 yr old Type S is going to be tough. Not enough ever made to get an aftermarket part tooled up.

A web site that seems to part put older Acura's might eventually find on for you. ahpart.com shows the sold one off a 2002 TL-S they are parting out.

If I was you, I'd see what could be done to repair the part you have. It will be tedious work, but you may be able to glue it backtogether using a thin sheet of rubber to support and bond the torn pieces back together. 3M Rubber adhesive might work here while you are looking for a usable boneyard part.

Astrobuf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A part unique to a 21 yr old Type S is going to be tough. Not enough ever made to get an aftermarket part tooled up.

A web site that seems to part put older Acura's might eventually find on for you. ahpart.com shows the sold one off a 2002 TL-S they are parting out.

If I was you, I'd see what could be done to repair the part you have. It will be tedious work, but you may be able to glue it backtogether using a thin sheet of rubber to support and bond the torn pieces back together. 3M Rubber adhesive might work here while you are looking for a usable boneyard part.

Astrobuf
Thanks Astrobuf....was wondering if any of the three 2nd Gen TL-S folks would respond to my post....

I will be trying to repair it...not sure I have any other choice.....but one of you three TL-S members will end up retiring your car, so I get first dibs on your TCS rubber boot...

Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I guess sort-of-success. I found one on eBay, but it was attached to the throttle body assembly, and had to buy the whole assembly for $70. And the boot was cracked at the same place, so now I have to repair it using rubber cement.

Hoping that this lasts for at least 5 more years, or this could get costly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the 20 year old part from eBay for $70 is still in pretty decent shape....and found out why mine cracked. Someone did not install the bold on the metal bracket underneath the boot...

Cylinder Auto part Gas Machine Metal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts