Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to Acuras i use to own some honda accords , unfortunately their seats are terrible compared to jaguar,volvo, infiniti, and lexus.

Lexus gs last generation have a lot of seat comfortable options adjustments can someone tell me Acura from year 2010 and up which is close or simular to Lexus gs in terms of a lot of seat adjustments ? And also if possible cooled seats as well thanks.

·
fjpthree
7 Posts
I have never owned a Lexus, but have owned several Acuras. Currently own a 21 TLX Advance and it is one of the most comfortable sedans I have driven. Both the driver and passenger seats are vented (not cooled) and heated. Wife drives a 17 RDX and the seats in that vehicle are extremely comfortable. You are going to get a lot of opinions, so your best bet is to test drive...good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Acura seat lean towards the stiffer sporty side with larger upper and lower side bolsters to keep you snug. Hard to find Acura versions with thigh extenders or headrests that do more than up/down movement. My wife and I are at extremes for seat adjustments with her at 4'11" and I'm at 6'3". We both can find a comfy seat adjustments for around town and +12hr road-trips.

Acura only has ventilated seats on the Advance and Aspec models. Adding ventilated seats isn't an option for base or tech Acura's. Probably the widest and comfy seat Acura makes if for the +18 RLX. Very wide seating position with a good sized center console, comfy arm rests and great elbow room, pillow soft headrest, and side bolsters that aren't as large. The +18 RLX also has the softer suspension compared to other Acura models that is closer to Lexus smooth along with more sound deadening, acoustic glass, and tire cavity noise resonance reducing rims (lowers road noise around 7-10 db).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i am new to Acuras i use to own some honda accords , unfortunately their seats are terrible compared to jaguar,volvo, infiniti, and lexus.
snaptube vidmate
Lexus gs last generation have a lot of seat comfortable options adjustments can someone tell me Acura from year 2010 and up which is close or simular to Lexus gs in terms of a lot of seat adjustments ? And also if possible cooled seats as well thanks.
Such a let down, I thought the TLX was gonna be a game changer for Acura? New skin, but still slow and bad infotainment

·
Registered
86 Posts
Such a let down, I thought the TLX was gonna be a game changer for Acura? New skin, but still slow and bad infotainment
The fixed a car that was not broken. Love my TL. Will never buy a TLX, They are just a gussied up Accord. Not ever buying an Acura that is not V6 powered

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fixed a car that was not broken. Love my TL. Will never buy a TLX, They are just a gussied up Accord. Not ever buying an Acura that is not V6 powered
Nice try but the TLX doesn’t use the Accord platform, that ended with the TSX using the European Accord.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX advance
1 Posts
Acura seat lean towards the stiffer sporty side with larger upper and lower side bolsters to keep you snug. Hard to find Acura versions with thigh extenders or headrests that do more than up/down movement. My wife and I are at extremes for seat adjustments with her at 4'11" and I'm at 6'3". We both can find a comfy seat adjustments for around town and +12hr road-trips.

Acura only has ventilated seats on the Advance and Aspec models. Adding ventilated seats isn't an option for base or tech Acura's. Probably the widest and comfy seat Acura makes if for the +18 RLX. Very wide seating position with a good sized center console, comfy arm rests and great elbow room, pillow soft headrest, and side bolsters that aren't as large. The +18 RLX also has the softer suspension compared to other Acura models that is closer to Lexus smooth along with more sound deadening, acoustic glass, and tire cavity noise resonance reducing rims (lowers road noise around 7-10 db).
22 MDX have extended seats for leg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May be some of you doesnt know but lexus gs have a lot of buttons for seats, i have not found simular looking car so far here is picture of the seat.
Please take a look.

Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Tints and shades Auto part
Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part Grey

As you can see they have a lot of buttons even the passanger seat, i the only closer lexus to this one is way more expensive ls i think i dont know any acura that have simular seat options unfortunately i live in BG, and here i cannot see or test drive all acura cars, thats why to plan to import one from Usa/Canada for example but i need to find the best possible seat in which acura was installed.

Since me and my wife have issues with our back...

Also car will be SEDAN , so no SUV, since my wife doesnt like suv.
Also car will be used since we cannot afford brand new ACURA. so it can be even discontinued model.
Please advice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No such seat controls for any Acura. Only the +18 RLX will have the overall ride close to Lexus softer level. Everything else will be sporty seats and ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So Acura RLX is the maximum comfortable seats with most options :)? i really doesnt care much about ride quality only seats to be comfortable :)

Can you show me pictures of top of the range seats of this RLX so i can check out buttons etcs

What RLX + 18 mean , Acura RLX Year 2018 or please clarify ? what year should i seek?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The RLX might not work for you? You will probably have overall Lexus comfort; but, not all the adjustments.

The 2018-2020 RLX updated the seats compared to the 2014-2017 RLX. Very basic seat adjustments just like you find with most Acura's; but, my wife (4'11" 130lbs) and me (6'3", 300lbs, size 14 shoe) do find a very comfy seating position. The RLX has the most leg room and elbow for compared to my previous Acura's (06 TSX, 08 RDX, 11, MDX, or 19 MDX).

Acura also soften up the suspension for the 18-20 RLX along with more sporty exterior styling updates. The RLX also has additional sound deadening, thicker acoustic glass, Krell sound system, and OEM rims with cavity noise resonance that lowers road noise by 7-10 db.

Stock RLX picture of the 2018-2020 models. Only the adjustments available for both seat shown at the bottom:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Pic of the wife's RLX hybrid (377hp/341tq, very quick 7DCT, same 3 electric motors in the NSX, regen braking, TQ vectoring, HUD, 360 camera system, 4.9 sec 0-60 times, 3 way heat/ventilated seats, sh-awd, 30 mpg city, 34 mpg hwy):
Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have driven such a hybrid RLX and it was great pretty fast and exellent brakes, but petrol is way cheaper compared to hybrid models, so even if i opt for 2018 model i will still have 3 button for adjustment i think even on previous rlx they also have buttons?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pretty much the exact same seat adjustments for all RLXs. The non-hybrid 18-20 RLX have DI 3.5L+10AT rated at 310hp/272tq with fwd only, way less tech available, and with mpgs about 7-10 less than the hybrid.

Most are looking for the RLX Sport hybrid because of the unique powertrain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you think LPG can be installed in rlx petrol car is the engine with 6 injectors or its combined injection system like toyota/lexus with 12 injections v6?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Far as I know, all 3.5L DI engines use for Honda/Acura have 6 injectors that fire into the cylinders. The Acura 3.5L can run on any octane level above 87 (+91 octane for max performance). Not a lot of aftermarket support for the limited run RLX. Any ECU reflash needed for LPG would be custom and may cause other unforeseen issues. Converting a RLX to LPG will put the already low resell value to rock bottom unless you are planning to keep until the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
is this engine with combined injection of fuel for example lexus/toyota have simular engine 3.5 petrol but they use 2 times more injectors for example for v6 they use 12 injectors and make the car ultra complicate, since i will be far away from USA and Canada and i must wait a lot of time for parts i dont want Ultra complicated car such as hybrid or ultra complicated petrol car which no one understands please if someone is aware of the engine please tell me i want to know does the engine have only 6 engines or its like lexus/toyota with 12 and combined fuel injection...

I am asking because in europe we install in our cars LPG- gas so i am not sure if that model acura is suitable for lpg...

in my country BG, this car doesnt exist so i dont plan to sale it to non existing market :) also if i install lpg people will like it more since they will save a lot on fuel here most of the cars are either diesel,lpg and very rare petrol only with bigger engines.

i use to drive older accords and i was very happy with them due to the emissions regulations they doesnt allow me to drive them anymore they say too old.. and high emissions even on lpg which is lie, for lpgs in europe we use separate additional computer /ecu, additional set of injectors, additional lpg tank etcs etcs... reducer switch etcs...

Here people even drive latest S-CLASS petrol with LPG so ..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Doesn't sound like the Acura RLX would be the car for you to take to Europe and convert to LPG. Just too many unknowns for a discontinued vehicle made in Japan. Some folks have to wait +6 weeks for something simple like a windshield replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Arent there any aftermarket windshields from different glass companies?
I like RLX it have cool seats drives great the only thing i dont know is the lpg if lpg installer give me green signal. I will be awaiting to buy it, i found out that older acuras can have installed lpg without a problem
ACURA TSX, and Acura TL - these are LPG friendly 1000%: )
even their v6. but they lack a lot of options/features like blind spot and much more...

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is the Acurawatch camera's in the upper center part of the windshield and calibration is the issue for the expense. So far, only OEM windshield can be calibrated to work with the safety tech. Others have tried non-OEM aftermarket glass and couldn't get the Acurawatch tech to calibrate properly. The RLX OEM glass can cost $1700 (non HUD) to $2500 (with HUD) to install with calibration if you are not covered by insurance.

It is the same Acurawatch system in all the current models of Acura's. I don't know if 1st or 2nd Gen TLX owners are having the same issue with glass replacement?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts