Acura World banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
What are the functions of these acura watch system is distronic linked to it ,i can live without that system, ?
i dont care about hud

Does Acura use in their cars - DIRECT & PORT FUEL injection so do they have on their v6/ 3.5 litre engines 12 injectors , so do they use both systems direct and port fuel injection or only direct injection?
Can someone clarify.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Only the +2018 RLX hybrid model comes with the Heads Up Display. You should check out Acura specific auto parts websites. They can give you an exploded view of any Acura part from bumper to bumper. There should be an exploded view of the fuel system for the RLX to see how many injectors are needed for the 3.5L engine. I haven't see advertisement of Acura engines having both port and DI injectors; but, it doesn't mean it they don't use it. As far as I know, only the 2017-2020 MDX hybrid with the 3.0L engine uses port injection and all other engines are single injector per cylinder DI since 2014.

I'm not sure what distronic means? Acura uses the term Acurawatch and Honda calls the same features Honda Sensing. All Acura's come with this system and I don't think you can turn it off 100%. You can turn some features off at start-up and some come back on the next engine start. Not the best auto safety system out there. I rate it around 4 or 5 out of 10 compared to other luxury brands or Tesla.

- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF): uses grill mounted radar to adjusts your speed and distance to maintain a pre-set interval while using cruise control. RLX come with Traffic Jam Assist that works with bumper-to-bumper traffic while using ACC

- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS): uses grill mounted radar to auto braking to reduce the severity of a frontal impact. You need CMBS on in order for ACC/LSF to work.

- Forward Collision Warning System (FCW): uses camera to warn with lights/sound of a likely frontal collision

- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): uses windshield camera to see lane markings to keep you inside them and it can adjust the steering to drift too close. It can provide steering inputs; but, it won't auto steer on curves

- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) with Road Departure Mitigation (RDM): uses windshield camera to see lane marking to alert you with alert and steering wheel tugs once you drive on the markings. RDM kicks in once you drive over the lane markings and it steers you back into your lane. Must use your turn signal to disable these features when changing lanes.

- Blind Spot Information System (BSI): uses rear mounted radar sensors to monitor vehicles within your rear blind spot. Provide visual alert near side mirrors and audio alert if you signal with a vehicle in your blind spot. Visual alert only if a vehicle is in you blind spot and you don't signal.

- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor: uses radar sensors near the rear to monitor traffic or pedestrian while backing out of a space. No auto braking, just sound alert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I really doesnt care much about these systems only blind spot is good and adaptive cruise conbtrol ACC i like with others i can live without them :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
What are the functions of these acura watch system is distronic linked to it ,i can live without that system, ?
i dont care about hud

Does Acura use in their cars - DIRECT & PORT FUEL injection so do they have on their v6/ 3.5 litre engines 12 injectors , so do they use both systems direct and port fuel injection or only direct injection?
Can someone clarify.
Starting in 2014/15 the RLX had the V6 earth dreams engine, which was and is today a v6 engine with DI. Honda does not use 2 injectors per cylinder, so the Honda V6 DI only has 6. I doubt you will be able to convert to lpg since the Honda DI iinjected engines require a high pressure fuel pump to atomize the fuel.Toyota and Lexus uses a secondary injector as port injection to eliminate the DI intake valve carbon issue, hence the reason they use two injectors per cylinder. Honda uses a timing of fuel sequence to eliminate the carbon intake valve issue. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Starting in 2014/15 the RLX had the V6 earth dreams engine, which was and is today a v6 engine with DI. Honda does not use 2 injectors per cylinder, so the Honda V6 DI only has 6. I doubt you will be able to convert to lpg since the Honda DI iinjected engines require a high pressure fuel pump to atomize the fuel.Toyota and Lexus uses a secondary injector as port injection to eliminate the DI intake valve carbon issue, hence the reason they use two injectors per cylinder. Honda uses a timing of fuel sequence to eliminate the carbon intake valve issue. Hope this helps.
Thats great Lpg system will work with petrol fuel but instead of 10 litres petrol for example car will consume lets say 3/4litres of petrol other 6 litres will be lpg and in europe lpg cost 2 times less than petrol .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice try but the TLX doesn’t use the Accord platform, that ended with the TSX using the European Accord.
It is the size of an Accord. It is standard with a 4 cylinder. The TLX is a lame vehicle. Acura sales stats confirm it is a dud by comparison to the TL.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is the size of an Accord. It is standard with a 4 cylinder. The TLX is a lame vehicle. Acura sales stats confirm it is a dud by comparison to the TL.
The TLX isn't selling because North America is CUV/SUV crazy starting around 2010. It is hard to find any sedan that isn't outsold by a similar priced CUV/SUV from the same or other manufacturer now days.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts