Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I saw the AUX IN cd changer tutorial sticky and am gonna do it for my 2000 Acura RL no nav, with 6 CD changer in the trunk.

I currently use a cassete to AUX converter, and always thought the quality was fine, but read online it's basically the worst audio quality possible. This bothered me considering how nice the sound system in the RL is!

I plan on replacing the CD changer so i can play my iPhone in the best quality possible. I have done a lot of research, and compiled a list of possible options:
METHOD 1 [LIGHTNING]: can't post links -_- but i'd use the iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for Honda or Toyota and I'd then just put the 30 pin to lightning adapter.

The next 2 methods use the same factory radio to RCA conversion - then either an AUX adapter or lightning adapter.

METHOD 2 [AUX]: I'd use HON/AUX V.1 Auxiliary Audio input for 1992-01 Honda and Acura and I'd then just use an RCA to Aux cord.

METHOD 3 [LIGHTNING]: I'd use the same HON/AUX V.1 Auxiliary Audio input for 1992-01 Honda and Acura but instead of using an RCA to aux output, I'd buy the PAC® - iSimple Audio Playback and Charging Cable with RCA Output for Apple Devices with Lightning connector; an RCA to lightning adapter.

First question: Will all three methods work?
Second question: Will the ilghtning connector produce better sound quality?
The bonus of the lightning is that it'll charger my phone, too.

final question: Do the steering wheel controls work to change songs with any of these?

Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noob here, so I can't offer much help, but I am in the process of installing the Isimple iPod converter right now. (though it's the old apple cable for a 80 gig ipod classic) Will let you know how it sounds.

I have a tape-to-aux converter and it is tolerable but i have heard some really good things about using the native iPod interface (method 1). I've heard that RCA isn't the greatest interface to switch to. Also, I can confirm that you can change songs on the lightning but not on the aux in.

will update when I'm done...

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, got the Isimple installed and there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality. I would definitely recommend it. I ran the wire out through the center tab (one person drilled through it in their guide, but it is a pop out tab so I just took it out)

I did scratch up my gear shifter a bit, and would recommend bringing a towel or two with you.

also, teh 30 pin cable only goes 60% of the way in, but it is enough.

good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts