Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the idea...im thinking about getting them which will look great, but i dont like how they look with the cut out and the fog light right there because it doesn't look OEM...what i wanna do is get some gutter grill and paint it black...then cut out the holes, glue the grill on, and have the fogs behind it...im hoping it will come out like my friends S2000, except his are screwed on to the mesh which looks nice also...this is my next pro-ject, who can get them for tha low low...Shyne:king:

·
Registered
192 Posts
hey shyne, whatever happened to that guy who was working on your parent's house who wanted to buy your car? anything come about from that?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Hey Shyne,

That would be good idea but our TL doesn't have a space for the fog lights behind the corner pocket. There is about 1 or couple of inches space behind the corner pocket because of the frame extension sheet metal piece. I had to cut it out about couple of inches to install my Accord fogs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
na, i think the guys bullshit about buying my car...im really happy with my car, and i realized even if he did buy it i would be in debt 10G's or more for the new TLS...i looked at the fogs today, but I remembered someone who had them for like 400 a set...Shyne:king:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
6000k hid fogs conversion kits usually run for 400 bucks
Where?? at ebay??

·
Registered
192 Posts
you need the ballast for the HID bulb. you cant directly plug an HID bulb into a non-HID system without the ballast or you will fry your electrical system

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Dvsrice said:
what are ballast i never heard of them, what are they?
HIDs are different from normal halogens. it's working at high voltage and that's why you need something call ballasts to ignite it otherwise it won't light up. our stock hids have ballasts already and i think it's either directly behind the headlights.

our fogs don't have it coz' it's now halogen. to make it hids you will need to get ballasts. just the ballasts usually cost you about 200 to 250

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.