1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Oracle11iGuru
252 Posts
too rice for me

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
:rice: I think some people on A-TL did this and were pretty successful. If you lowered your ride, then you might be more prone to having your tubes break, especially going over speed bumps, etc...

·
2,075 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
I'm riding on Eibach Prokit springs, so i'm not sure if i'll have a problem. Thanks for the input though.

Also, is it possible for a white girl to be ricey???? hmmmm...... :D
After seeing your sig, I think you're the :cool:est chick I've met so far on this forum. Haven't seen or heard of too many girls modding their TLs.

Only advice I can give you is when you go over speed bumps or up a slope/ramp - go real slow! And make sure if you take your TL to the dealer for maintenance, that you watch them (if possible) drive up to the hoist. I had neons years ago in my other car, and the dumb mechanic wasn't careful when positioning the hoist. Cracked it in half! :mad: Good thing I was there to see it, so had it replaced free of charge. Otherwise, if they break it, they will blame it on you and say it already broke before you gave them your car!

·
Registered
56 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
I'm riding on Eibach Prokit springs, so i'm not sure if i'll have a problem. Thanks for the input though.

Also, is it possible for a white girl to be ricey???? hmmmm...... :D
hm....cool! socal girl with a type s!!! wooooot

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THank you for your input!!! i think i remember when you posted your pics for the first time now.... did you ever cover the tubes with tape so you cant' see the actually tube, but just the glo?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
TypeSDragon said:
I have them installed. They are mounted on the bodykit. I haven't experienced any tubes breaking and that's with comptech springs installed.
I remember seeing the 1st pic, but haven't seen the nightshot.

Looks great Charles!!!

and welcome!! :newbie:

·
Registered
192 Posts
TypeSDragon said:
I have them installed. They are mounted on the bodykit. I haven't experienced any tubes breaking and that's with comptech springs installed. ;)

it doesnt look right with the tubes showing...i use to have that setup on my old car and i used black electrical tape on the parts of the tube that showed. it gave that "glow" look without the tubes actually showing.

·
I am no one
14,897 Posts
TLover8888 said:

it doesnt look right with the tubes showing...i use to have that setup on my old car and i used black electrical tape on the parts of the tube that showed. it gave that "glow" look without the tubes actually showing.
well it depends on where you mount them. i guess the best place to mount them is the inner side of the body kits. i guess typesdragon didn't do it for the rear? everyone knows how high up our asses are, so that would show the neon

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
blingbling_girl said:
:bigcry: the shop just called and they said there is no room to install the neon! they think it's goign to break right away....... i'm so bummed!
hey -- i dunno how bright it is (hi btw i dont think i talked to u b4 :wavey: )
ne how at target and pepboys i've seen this neon stuff thats like speaker wire - oh probly as thick as an eletrical cord - a bit less - and its neon -- u can get it in like 9 feet, 20 some feet, etc... maybe if you wrapped lots of that underneath :dunno: - asuggestion

i was thinking of trying it in the footwell so i dont have to buy the inspire footwell lighting

looks like it puts out quite a bit - so if you wrap enough of it like - a few 25 foot rolls...
https://secure.ioncart.com/prolight...p?id=12&cat=More+Cool+Accesories+for+your+car

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had blue neons like 8 years ago... they were zip tied to the
frame on the sides and subframe in the front. I forgot what in
the back. I wish I took better pictures back that... it looked
pretty tits. I had em set to my alarm so I could turn em on by
remote. With blue city lights it looked cool for being so rice.
Ofcourse the attention was some good a lot of bad. I had hard
plastic casings around each of the tubes so they didn't break.
I agree... about not wanting the tube to show. The glow is cool
rice the tube is super rice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you guys looks closely those the pics, I kneel down to take these shots. If you stand next to the car, you hardly see the tubes. The rear tubes show a bit, but there is nothing you can really do since I mount it right next to the gas tank. Not going to drill holes on the tank right? :bash: Bling_girl, anything is possible, I don't know why the shop can't mount your tubes. If you are brave enough, you can try installing yourself, but it is quite time consuming. Took me and a friend of mine 5 hrs for the mounting and wiring. :p

·
www.citrusgirl.com
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The shop said they think they can do this, but it woudl just not be up to the quality they usually do work. They are afraid that i will break the tubes very easily becuase i'm fairly low. Oh well, on to other mods!

·
Registered
639 Posts
i think underbody neons will be my next mod.
TypeSDragon: how much did you pay for yours, where did you get them and what brand? also, was the wiring the hard part or mounting? I hear you can use speaker wire ties to hold them in place instead of drilling holes:dunno:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
badazzTL said:

TypeSDragon: how much did you pay for yours, where did you get them and what brand?
Charles got his neon from ebay and installed it by himself with his friend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.