Acura World banner

Why? (Driven Edit)

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Satin 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Both use the same board software... that's the only aesthetic difference.

The real difference is that this board is about to start getting a bunch of new people from acura-tl.com because Tim's having some sort of money fit and is taking away "bandwidth hogging" extras like signatures and avatars... which he could have just as easily had us host off the site. Oh well, his loss. I told him just to take off file attachments if bandwidth was an issue... that alone would cut the vast majority of the bandwidth.

So for now... thanks for having a true enthusiasts board, whoever runs this forum :D

#5 ·
This board is for anyone and everyone. We don't put a gun towards your head to come here. You have as much right to come here as you have to go to acl.com or atl.com.

This board is run by AutoXCLS, CLP, Phoenix, and myself.

I love people like you Throtex, because you understand and think before you speak. I've found a majority of TL owners to be like this. :beerchug: to you TL guys!

#9 ·
Both are great places to go, its just that

ACURAWORLD = FREE,FREE,FREE

POST/DOWNLOAD,UPLOAD/SEARCH = $0.00

and has been promised to us to be forever free

#10 ·
Driven said:

I've also noticed that you TL guys have this **** to deal with :D
BWAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Funniest thing I've read all day! :D

#12 ·
my99tl said:
Both are great places to go, its just that

ACURAWORLD = FREE,FREE,FREE

POST/DOWNLOAD,UPLOAD/SEARCH = $0.00

and has been promised to us to be forever free
You can bet on it!

We will keep this free since we are car enthusiasts just like you!

By members, for members! I know I don't have much room to talk, but I do enjoy Acura's as much as BMWs (well maybe not as much since I drive one and not the other right now). If I had a chance to afford both, I would.

Keeping it free, keeping it real! Plus we aren't into this for making money. This is just for sharing information and learning from each other, and not to mention, having fun!

#14 ·
I was just beginning to get into atl.com and had only been on it for three weeks before the changes. I mainly just wanted to share and contribute info about improving and knowing more about the car. I really don't care about sigs, avatars, or OT but when they took away the ability to search without paying then the value of the site took a nose dive for me. I may visit them from time to time but I'm glad to be here. :beerchug:

#15 ·
ok ok thank you

thanks for the info.
ALSO ACURA-TL DELETES THE POST ABOUT THIS SITE.
MAYBE THEY ARE SCARED OF THIS FORUM> I NOTICED U GUYS DIDNT DELETE MY POST.

maybe i will make the switch to this site. =), since it seems more respectful

#16 ·
Re: ok ok thank you

nick said:
thanks for the info.
ALSO ACURA-TL DELETES THE POST ABOUT THIS SITE.
MAYBE THEY ARE SCARED OF THIS FORUM> I NOTICED U GUYS DIDNT DELETE MY POST.

maybe i will make the switch to this site. =), since it seems more respectful
We didn't delete it b/c all your Goddamn yelling makes one delerious! :D

j/k

BTW, have fun. :bigok:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.