Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My biggest gripe with my TL is the relatively harsh, noisy ride, and it is not even the A-spec. I have the stock 235/45/17 Turanza EL42s.

I will be needing tires soon, and wonder :

a) What are the quietest quality all season tires? Pilots?

b) If I go wider, say 245/45/17 or 255/40/17 will that help the ride, and will they FIT?

Thanks, experts.

·
Moderatus Emeriti
22,229 Posts
Well, I'm certainly not an expert, but I had the factory Michelin tires on my RSX and they were extremely noisy, handled like crap - but wore like iron. I would never recommend them to anyone - unless that person was stone deaf and never drove over 25 and even then, never in the rain.

My personal favorite tire is a Nokian All Season: I just installed the Nokian WR-G2 Nokian WR G2 and they are very quiet, stick like glue, offer a very comfortable ride and, if past experience is any guide, will wear like iron as well. They are a tough tire to find (unless you live in the Mid-West USA - they seem to have a number of local dealers out there). I've had great success getting all my Nokians from Tires By Web - American Racing Wheels, Nokian Tires and Other Great Products

As far as wider - I'll let one of the more knowledgeable members speak to that.

Good luck - and :welcome: to AcuraWorld. We do try to provide thoughtful answers based on our experiences, in a timely and succinct manner.

John

·
Registered
167 Posts
My biggest gripe with my TL is the relatively harsh, noisy ride, and it is not even the A-spec. I have the stock 235/45/17 Turanza EL42s.

I will be needing tires soon, and wonder :

a) What are the quietest quality all season tires? Pilots?

b) If I go wider, say 245/45/17 or 255/40/17 will that help the ride, and will they FIT?

Thanks, experts.

Here are a couple choices to consider.

Continental ContiExtreme Contact DWS

Excellent wet and dry traction, and a smooth quiet ride. Comes with a 50K mileage warranty.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

Also an excellent tire in the wet and dry. Quiet smooth ride and comes with a 45K mileage warranty.

Going to a P245/45R17 may improve the ride, but I feel a better tire will do that for you.

Let us know if we can help you. We would love to earn your business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts