Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will it hurt the car if i go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd ect...? Today was my first time trying this and it was pretty fun. Am I doing any damage to anything? Would this be better for racing than SS? thanks:D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: will this hurt the car?

bloo_tls02 said:

Am I missing something here, it's that how it usually goes?!?!:dunno:
dude, im talking about manually shifting it from 1st, then to 2nd, 3rd and so on. not just leaving it in D4 or D5. get it?

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
isn't it that's y we have the Sport shift mode??

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
69tl said:
isn't it that's y we have the Sport shift mode??
I guess:rolleyes: It's just more fun when you shift:D

What is the proper way to do it? Do I have to let off the gas (like a manual) or do I just shift. Also, when I wanna downshift, do I do it the same way?

·
A dirty,foul,little boy!
27,370 Posts
Re: Re: Re: will this hurt the car?

badazzTL said:

dude, im talking about manually shifting it from 1st, then to 2nd, 3rd and so on. not just leaving it in D4 or D5. get it?
No jack! You usually dont end up shifting from 1st to 4th in one shot?!?!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: will this hurt the car?

bloo_tls02 said:

No jack! You usually dont end up shifting from 1st to 4th in one shot?!?!
:confused: Are we on the same page?:sqnteek:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
badazzTL said:

I guess:rolleyes: It's just more fun when you shift:D

What is the proper way to do it? Do I have to let off the gas (like a manual) or do I just shift. Also, when I wanna downshift, do I do it the same way?
no you don't have to let go of gas, it doesn't work the same way as stick. using manual shift is a bit faster, while when using ss you have to wait like 1 sec or 2 before it shifts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rominl said:

no you don't have to let go of gas, it doesn't work the same way as stick. using manual shift is a bit faster, while when using ss you have to wait like 1 sec or 2 before it shifts
yeah today when I tried it out I noticed it shifted faster. I think I will start using this to race:D :p Is there any way to peel out while using this method? (im talking about chirping tires in 2nd or 3rd)

·
Registered
376 Posts
It won't hurt your car unless you go all the way till redline..:)

·
OTS2UPT
426 Posts
BadAzz, I'd have serious reservations about manually shifting while pressing the accelerator. Just from everything I've ever heard it's not good on the tranny, and we all know about the propensity of our trannies to fail! So just be careful.

·
OTS2UPT
426 Posts
And BTW, who are you racing man?!?!?

You handing those riced-up Civics at the "car show" their Ass in a plate!?! I don't think it would be a fair race to go up against the Type S- ******* though, I FEAR HIM!:(

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:

now that's a good one to test out on :)
Any volunteers??? :wavey: :wavey:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JPritch said:
And BTW, who are you racing man?!?!?

You handing those riced-up Civics at the "car show" their Ass in a plate!?! I don't think it would be a fair race to go up against the Type S- ******* though, I FEAR HIM!:(
Man I race almost every day, I thought you knew:bigok: Yeah those civics always think they can beat da family sedan:p Naw dude I would be too intimidated to race the ******* type R:eek:

yeah I might go test evolaerok's method tonight, I'll let you know how it turns out:bigok:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.