Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Restoring an '88 Integra and need to do something about the driver's side window dew wipes (aka belt moulding assembly; Acura part no. 75850-SAMD2000). There are faint vertical scratches on the right door window and have been told that the window dew wipes need replacing. Unfortunately, it appears that american honda (acura) no longer carries this item.

Can this part be restored by replacing the felt? Any suggestions how to contact non-U.S. Honda (Acura) distributors for this item? Does anyone know if this assembly is sold in the aftermarket (if so, please advise)? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
You're talking about the window guides? Yes you can replace the material on them. I haven't done it personally but I know some more upscale tint places do that with something called moleskin to prevent that exact thing. All assuming my assumption about what you're talking about is correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clarification and Photos

xLAD23DERx,

I've heard them called window wipes, window dew wipes, and (acura parts dept) belt moulding assembly. Here is a photo of the part for a Honda listed on eBay (cannot post link because acuraworldforum will not allow url until after 15 posts; 94-97 Honda Accord RH Front Door Panel Window Dew Wipe: eBay Motors (item 230393696210 end time Jun-26-10 13:53:13 PDT)). Yes, I checked eBay first and have even used several salvage yard search services but no luck so far.

S2K2K4,

I should have mentioned in the original post that the scratches are on the OUTSIDE of the glass. I understand that more recent Acuras have had problems with scratches on the inside related to window tinting and that the moleskin is used in these situations.

Thanks for the comments but still seeking solution to problem.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Have you considered buying them from a dealership? Might cost a little more but that way you know exactly what you're getting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have called dealerships in both U.S. and Canada and been told that item has been discontinued. Hoping to get info on remanufactered parts or alternate sources.

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
Yeah, I don't think I can help ya with that. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts