Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know which wires go from the back of the deck to the bose amp? i want to install another amp, but i dont know what wires to tap into. and do i need a highpass/lowpass filter for those wires? i tried using that for the wires going into the sub, but the bass doesnt sound good. its loud when its deep but not punchy

·
163 Posts
You have to remove the back seat to get to the stock amp. Then use the high low converter to those wires. Do a search on wire diagram. I got all the info from here. And yes, you need the High Low if you're not changing your stock radio.

·
163 Posts

·
163 Posts
NO PROBLEM,

Hint: Make sure you set the High Low Converter right because maybe you have to do like me and pull the back seats down again to configure the knobs your way to the level you want.
What happen to me is the CD that I tested was recorded loud, I got another CD 2 weeks later and realize I configure the knobs too low, so I have to remove the seats and reconfigure. Also you dont have to put the HLconverter behind the seat. Try to put it somewhere that you can get access to it without removing the seats.

Anyway Good Luck :rofl:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So now that winter's over im tryin to install subs. Im installing an aftermarket amp, but I dont know what to connect my highpass/lowpass filter to though on the factory sub amp. Whenever i connect it to these, my sub amp shuts off. What wires should i be connecting it to? :wtf:

Attachments

·
163 Posts
varunverma23 said:
So now that winter's over im tryin to install subs. Im installing an aftermarket amp, but I dont know what to connect my highpass/lowpass filter to though on the factory sub amp. Whenever i connect it to these, my sub amp shuts off. What wires should i be connecting it to? :wtf:
I connect mines to the sub-woofer speakers. Only thing though, I forget how many wiers the HLconverter has. Is it 4 or 2 wires? Just connect it to the sub-woofer wires.

I'm here to help you if you need it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know which wires go from the back of the deck to the bose amp? i want to install another amp, but i dont know what wires to tap into. and do i need a highpass/lowpass filter for those wires? i tried using that for the wires going into the sub, but the bass doesnt sound good. its loud when its deep but not punchy
It’s probably ur amp u are using now bc I installed one in my 03 to with a kicker zx750 and appoint 12 type r and it would beat the glass or just about

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s probably ur amp u are using now bc I installed one in my 03 to with a kicker zx750 and appoint 12 type r and it would beat the glass or just about
U could remove ur nose amp if you think it would help. It’s behind your back seat on passenger side and u can’t miss it but it’s smaller than you would think. 100 watts if I’mremembering correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts