Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
"We got this... go home."
25,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, as some of you know i'm in the construction industry...

CCET, Civil Construction Engineering Technology... i'm involved in project management, construction documents (such as drawings, contracts), estimation and on-site collaboration...

the nice thing is i dont have to get my hands dirty, im the office guy, brains behind the operation i guess...

anyway, when i used to work out in the field, and when i do visit jobsites, workboots are a must. I laugh at some of our salesman who go out to a site with running shoes or loafers... :snipe:

anyway, how many of your wear workboots, and what brand do you recommend? if not, want type of shoe are you required to wear to work?

I for one love Red Wings Workboots... altho the good ole fashion Texas Steer from K-Mart suffice.

I have a pair of Red Wings, a pair of Dr. Martin's, a pair of Texas Steer Workboots.... the doc i wear everyday in the office, the Red Wings i wear on a somewhat clean jobsite, and the Steers i wear on shitty muddy jobsites.

I cant stand those thug wanna be's that wear timberlands and think they are bad ass... son, put those boots to work and get dirty, dont give the illusion that you work hard....clean boot, esp work boots are a sin.

·
I prefer the Deep South..
30,031 Posts
timberland steeltoed water proof boots. they're ok in comfort. it gets a lil hot b/c it's insulated and water proof. got them on sale for about $60.

i heard that rockport are the most comfortable ones out there but i never got to tried them.

don't ever ever buy the cheap shoes at walmart. my 1st pair was by Survivor from walmart. the insoles are thin as hell, i bought some dr. scholls and it helped a lil bit. it gets even hotter. and i spent more time tying the damn shoe laces than walking...

so i'm pretty happy w/ my timbos now

·
25,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
timberland steeltoed water proof boots. they're ok in comfort. it gets a lil hot b/c it's insulated and water proof. got them on sale for about $60.

i heard that rockport are the most comfortable ones out there but i never got to tried them.

don't ever ever buy the cheap shoes at walmart. my 1st pair was by Survivor from walmart. the insoles are thin as hell, i bought some dr. scholls and it helped a lil bit. it gets even hotter. and i spent more time tying the damn shoe laces than walking...

so i'm pretty happy w/ my timbos now
well, that's why i bust them out every-so-often.. they are my shit pair, so if they get ruined, i dont mind...

red wings are very comfy, so are my doc's

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
my job right now I can wear what I want, I usually wear my skate shoes.
The new position I'm starting on Monday, I'm going to be located at a jobsite throughout the project, so workboots are a must, I don't really care for timberland's that much, like you said Ken for the reason mostly. This is what I have.

Caterpillar Indiana FX 8" boots (brown)

very comfortable, but too high... so I don't wear them that much.

Caterpillar Second shift 6" steel toe (black):

very comfortable with the perfect height, as soon as I start my new job, I'm getting the same pair in honey and brown.

·
naysayer
19,374 Posts
I have a pair of Timberland hiking boots & I love em.

I had a pair of Dr. Martens in high school & hated them. They were ridiculously heavy. I can't believe they're still in business.

·
25,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a pair of Timberland hiking boots & I love em.

I had a pair of Dr. Martens in high school & hated them. They were ridiculously heavy. I can't believe they're still in business.
psssh, you have chicken legs, you need to bulk up and give those hamstrings a workout

·
AW's Sexy Kitten
13,202 Posts
I can wear any shoes I want except for high heels and flip flops.

·
25,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you need to leave those shoes in 1995 where they belong ;)
you know, i was gunna make a comment about your mom in business, but im not like that, your mom jokes just arent delivered right unless my daysie... and then i relized she fell off the face of the earth and i havent heard nor seen her in ages...

Doc Martin's pwn nwbes hardx0r!

·
AW's Sexy Kitten
13,202 Posts
I have some Timberland's I wear to the snow and love em! They are like thse but silver and black instead of gold.

·
-=*M2V4P*=-
17,764 Posts
i like lugs and timberland! i can wear that here in the office. the only shoes were not allowed is tennis shoes! but everything else is ok. as far as i know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts