Acura World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...from the Audio mode display. This just started this morning: All preset chanels show up blank, without the corresponding channel titles, only showing the channel number of the preset.

The only way I can display the channels' name is to press each preset button, or otherwise switch to that preset channel. I do this for each preset channel and the display remains visible until I switch to te other XM band (1 or 2), which then shows up blank as well until I "refresh" each channel displayed by going to it.

Then, when I switch back to the other band, I find that all presets are blank again. For some reason the display is not retaining the channel names whenever I switch it on or change back and forth between XM1 and XM2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
PRNole47 said:
...from the Audio mode display. This just started this morning: All preset chanels show up blank, without the corresponding channel titles, only showing the channel number of the preset.

The only way I can display the channels' name is to press each preset button, or otherwise switch to that preset channel. I do this for each preset channel and the display remains visible until I switch to te other XM band (1 or 2), which then shows up blank as well until I "refresh" each channel displayed by going to it.

Then, when I switch back to the other band, I find that all presets are blank again. For some reason the display is not retaining the channel names whenever I switch it on or change back and forth between XM1 and XM2.
Question?
When you get in the car, does the display indicate Welcome, Driver 1 ?
If not, you FOB is not linked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm 99% sure it's linked.

I've had the car since Dec 8 and have experienced no problems suggesting a de-link (un-link?). The display says Welcome Driver 1, although it loops the "Welcome" part continously UNTIL I actually start the engine, at which point the Driver 1 flashes. Plus, all preset memory options work, etc.

This is something that just began happening on the day I posted the initial message.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
PRNole47 said:
Well, I'm 99% sure it's linked.

I've had the car since Dec 8 and have experienced no problems suggesting a de-link (un-link?). The display says Welcome Driver 1, although it loops the "Welcome" part continously UNTIL I actually start the engine, at which point the Driver 1 flashes. Plus, all preset memory options work, etc.

This is something that just began happening on the day I posted the initial message.
Have you set the memory position (1). This remembers the settings for each driver.?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Memory 1 has been set with my preferences and linked from the begining to the FOB-1. FOB-2 has never been linked or otherwise programmed and is in a drawer in my dresser.

Actually, the displays wroked fine today when I first started the car. All presets showed their memorized channels except for preset 7, which merely displayed "Channel 7" until I pressed it and then it displayed the memorized channel.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
48 Posts
If it happens again, you may want to try pushing the "Disp...Mode" button right below the "Tuning" button on the console. The sole purpose of that button is to control the XM display.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
62 Posts
On another forum, a posted complained that his XM presets were having some issues, but his problem was that it would default to preset #1 after initial turn on, despite the fact that he was not on preset #1 when he last turned the car off. He confirmed that his remotes were linked.

Might be related.

...Correction, it was this forum, see the thread titled "How to setup default XM channel"

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm the one that originated that thread, but let's not confuse "channels" or "stations" with the six "preset buttons" the tuner has available for each of the 2 XM (or FM/AM) bands.

My problem was that sometimes, upon starting the car, the XM tuner defaulted back to XM's "Channel 001 - Preview" instead of the the "last station tuned" I had on my 6 preset buttons. This "Preview" channel is not available on the XM channel lineup (or even listed on their station guide).

It did not default to the XM channel I have "preset" to memory on the radio/tuner's preset button 1. The narration I hear on the Preview channel (001) is a promotional one that tells the listener about all the "good things" one hears when subscribing to XM. FWIW, this problem. BTW, this default to XM's "Channel 001 - Preview" hasn't occured in several days.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
48 Posts
PRNole47 said:
Well, I'm the one that originated that thread, but let's not confuse "channels" or "stations" with the six "preset buttons" the tuner has available for each of the 2 XM (or FM/AM) bands.

My problem was that sometimes, upon starting the car, the XM tuner defaulted back to XM's "Channel 001 - Preview" instead of the the "last station tuned" I had on my 6 preset buttons. This "Preview" channel is not available on the XM channel lineup (or even listed on their station guide).

It did not default to the XM channel I have "preset" to memory on the radio/tuner's preset button 1. The narration I hear on the Preview channel (001) is a promotional one that tells the listener about all the "good things" one hears when subscribing to XM. FWIW, this problem. BTW, this default to XM's "Channel 001 - Preview" hasn't occured in several days.
Mine does that sometimes as well. I start the car and XM Preview Channel 1 comes on, even though that isn't the channel that was on when I left the car. No big deal. More of a nuisance than anything. It's just a matter of pushing a button to bring the original channel back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I wonder if it has somethig to do with the fact that we are all on a 'free ride' with XM for year 1? And perhaps after signing up it will stay on channel. When I installed XM in another car the radio was always on channel 1 until I signed up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
melm said:
I wonder if it has somethig to do with the fact that we are all on a 'free ride' with XM for year 1? And perhaps after signing up it will stay on channel. When I installed XM in another car the radio was always on channel 1 until I signed up.
That may well be it, sort of like trying out some shareware or demo software, wherein you get that pop-up "trial version" message each time you start the program, asking that you continue the trial period or purchase a license to use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
larryka said:
I don't know if the issue that I saw last night with my XM radio is related to the issues listed in this thread, but I did see totally blank presets as well as presets that just had channel numbers without a name until I selected each one...

FWIW, the description of what I saw is here...

http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247
Though it is no longer doing this, the original problem I had was simply that the XM tuner's display showed each preset button display as a blank, except that, at times, it merely read the preset channel number (i.e., Channel 6) instead of displaying the actual XM preset station I had in memory. Nothing like the "no audio, no nothing" that your link described. My audio worked fine and all I had to do was refresh each blank display by pressing the preset button for each one so that the memorized XM channel would show up.

Again, it hasn't done this since the day I posted the original message.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top