Acura World banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kenso,
This might be enough to convince me to drive back down to NC!!

About how much $$ are we talkin'??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The y-pipe will probably be available either in mild steel with an optional coating or stainless steel. Cost would depend on various factors, such as material used and the number of orders SMS gets for these. I sent Dave from SMS a link to this thread, I believe he will make a post here to answer questions soon.

Here's the awaited dyno results. Gains were significant from 4000 rpm (when the VIS main flap opens) and up. A couple things to bear in mind. The dyno run that is used for comparison purposes here was performed in January. The ambient temp that day in the shop was 67 degrees. Today it was 87 degrees. The gains would be even more significant if the car was dynoed under similar temperatures as the first run. Secondly, I am still running a stock exhaust system which I'm sure at this point is holding things back a bit. Also, I believe gains would be even greater on a type 2 due to the better flow of the type 2 heads and exhaust manifolds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kenso said:
The y-pipe will probably be available either in mild steel with an optional coating or stainless steel. Cost would depend on various factors, such as material used and the number of orders SMS gets for these. I sent Dave from SMS a link to this thread, I believe he will make a post here to answer questions soon.

Here's the awaited dyno results. Gains were significant from 4000 rpm (when the VIS main flap opens) and up. A couple things to bear in mind. The dyno run that is used for comparison purposes here was performed in January. The ambient temp that day in the shop was 67 degrees. Today it was 87 degrees. The gains would be even more significant if the car was dynoed under similar temperatures as the first run. Secondly, I am still running a stock exhaust system which I'm sure at this point is holding things back a bit. Also, I believe gains would be even greater on a type 2 due to the better flow of the type 2 heads and exhaust manifolds.

Very nice, awesome actually, lots of TQ for a TYPE I. I bet the Exhaust is giving you the TQ and keeping you from uping the WHP. Makes me want to get my engine put back in place and dynoed. Youre getting to close for comfort! :p Have you done a HG yet?

~TRu Hybrid

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dv8 said:
Very nice, awesome actually, lots of TQ for a TYPE I. I bet the Exhaust is giving you the TQ and keeping you from uping the WHP. Makes me want to get my engine put back in place and dynoed. Youre getting to close for comfort! :p Have you done a HG yet?

~TRu Hybrid
Haha yeah I think you might blow me out of the water with those headers. :snipe: Never had HG's done, but needs it at the moment actually. I'm planning to build another motor for it this winter hopefully.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kenso, you should drive up here! JDM engine swap is much cheaper up here than in the states. Just ask "mackDaddyMark" - he drove up from NJ to have a JDM typeII installed in his GS sedan. He loves it!

I also just put a jdm typeII in my car instead of doing the hg - my original engine had 140,000miles (238,000kms), the new on has less than 40,00miles and runs great!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Octane said:
Kenso, you should drive up here! JDM engine swap is much cheaper up here than in the states. Just ask "mackDaddyMark" - he drove up from NJ to have a JDM typeII installed in his GS sedan. He loves it!
Yeah, I talked to him about that at Nopi. He seemed very happy with the deal he got. I'll probably end up buying a used motor and doing some performance mods to it before I swap it in though. :2cool:

Here's the thread on A-L.com regarding the y-pipe for those wanting more info.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72276

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.