Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!! :d

:beerchug: I am no longer the Angel of CLs... I am the Angel of 2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L's. :) :D

So uh, congratulate me. And don't ask why I "downgraded"; keep in mind I had a '97 first gen CL and it was a money pit and a half, and the Accord has all the features (and a little more) than my CL, so :p

:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
AngelCL said:
I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!! :d

:beerchug: I am no longer the Angel of CLs... I am the Angel of 2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L's. :) :D

So uh, congratulate me. And don't ask why I "downgraded"; keep in mind I had a '97 first gen CL and it was a money pit and a half, and the Accord has all the features (and a little more) than my CL, so :p

:D
Congrats :) Get some pix up !! You included ofcourse ;P

·
Registered
464 Posts
congrats!

how about a picture of you in a g-string standing next to it? :boink:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
:bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

go you!!

You gonna show up for the meet next week?

Scottie's no showed our past 50 meets :sqnteek:

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh for sure I'll be there. Scottie and I were arguing the other day about who got to bring their car to the meet, but I guess that's not an object anymore since I don't have a CL (or even an Acura for that matter). :)

We'll be there. :D

And pics are forthcoming. When I got out of the dealership yesterday, it was getting dark, so I'll take some this evening after work maybe. :)

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
good to hear.

You got an AV6 right? Not an AI4?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iridium130 said:
good to hear.

You got an AV6 right? Not an AI4?
*ahem*

I was willing to increase my car payment by $80 a month; not $180.

I did get the absolute top of the line AI4 they make though, so it's got everything except those two extra cylinders. And it's not like I drive fast or hard enough to use them anyway (and my gas mileage will get much better now).

But it's got leather, power seats, moonroof, 6-disc in-dash CD changer, etc etc etc... all the stuff that was on the CL. :) And the seats are more comfortable. :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
AngelCL said:
Oh for sure I'll be there. Scottie and I were arguing the other day about who got to bring their car to the meet, but I guess that's not an object anymore since I don't have a CL (or even an Acura for that matter). :)

We'll be there. :D

And pics are forthcoming. When I got out of the dealership yesterday, it was getting dark, so I'll take some this evening after work maybe. :)
of course my comment would get ignored...:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the Accord familey Adrienne! Now I think that makes three of us on here.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
noooo, does this mean i am the only first gen now? :cry:

all whining from me aside, congratulations and i really hope you enjoy the car.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You are no longer invited to the TL/CL meet for Sema in April.....however, you may tag a long with Scott if he drives the CL.:p

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Moomaster said:
You are no longer invited to the TL/CL meet for Sema in April.....however, you may tag a long with Scott if he drives the CL.:p
I thought he sold his CL

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Congrats with your new car! I hope you have fun with it! :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Raia, Scott still has a First Gen.

Phil, no, he didn't sell it.

mcdaniel - It was a money pit in that it was out of warranty, 5 years old with 70k miles, it lost half its worth this past year, and by the time I had it paid off there'd be no equity in it anyway... I'm MORE upside down on it now than I was when I initially bought it; Plus, with it being out of warranty, if something bad were to happen to the engine (example - Scott drove it), I would have to pay the money out of pocket to get it fixed, and I can't really afford that. I can better afford the higher payment on the Accord than I can afford a $$$$ tranny swap or something.

Besides, the Accord coupe has a sweet ass. :D

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Speaking of asses - where is that horses' ass Scott hiding?

AngelCL said:
....if something bad were to happen to the engine (example - Scott drove it), I would have to pay the money out of pocket to get it fixed, and

1 - 20 of 35 Posts